In light of the growing challenges faced by national libraries in the Arab world in general and the Gulf countries in particular, it is important that the leaders of those vital institutions collaborate in exchanging ideas and coordinating their efforts in developing their visions for the future.
In this context, Naseej Academy is excited to organize its first workshop that targets the senior leaders of national libraries in the GCC titled “National Libraries in the GCC: Developing an Ambitious yet Practical Vision for the Future”
The event will provide opportunities to share insights, ideas and knowledge through joint projects and programs. The practice-oriented meeting will be conducted by Mr. Martyn Wade, a renowned global expert.
- Defining the role of national libraries (nationally, internationally).
- Potential constraints to achieving your ambitions.
- Opportunities and key issues for national libraries in the knowledge society.
- Consortia, partnership and collaboration: New ways of working.
The Targeted Audience
- Heads of academic libraries.
- Audience from the strategic positions in higher institutions.
Mr. Martyn Wade
- The former chief executive of the National Library of Scotland (2002-2014), and member of various IFLA committees.