The workshop will cover the following:
- How to identify the target audience and community needs?
- How to create targeted marketing messages that compel directly to the needs of your community?
- What are the best/proper methods and techniques to reach out to the community?
- How to develop a marketing strategy? Case studies and practical exercises.
- What are the best/ proper practices to identify and use marketing channels effectively?
- What are the applicable tips of thinking then marketing out of the box?
- What are the next steps you will take to implement new marketing plans and ideas into your library?
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role marketing can play in changing the perception of their library and/or increasing the usage of their resources and services.
- Develop and implement a marketing/communication plan designed to increase awareness and usage of specific products and services targeted at specific audiences with measurable results.
The Targeted Audience
- Heads of Library Services Departments in Special/Academic Libraries.
- Librarians, information specialists and other individuals who works in library services departments.
- Audience from other departments (like Acquisition, Technical, Reference... etc.).
Dr. Amal W. Mostafa
- Associate Professor in Library and Information Science at Cairo University
- University Librarian and member of Accreditation Committee, Area 6 (learning resources), Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University- IAFU
- English- with immediate Arabic translation