Planning for the future is the optimal way to address current and potential challenges at all levels. Strategic planning, as an organized effort, assists in taking vital decisions. For academic institutions, it is an essential factor in identifying their identity, achieving their objectives, and, ultimately, securing a competitive edge, locally, regionally or internationally.
Accordingly, Naseej Academy is organizing a workshop entitled "Strategic Planning in Academic Libraries", to offer deans and leaders of academic libraries in the GCC an opportunity to meet and share their expertise in strategic planning, and their insights on its use in developing university libraries.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- The concept of strategic planning in university libraries, including its implementation standards and potentials.
- Basics and elements of strategic planning in university libraries.
- Mechanisms of implementing the objectives and initiatives of strategic planning in university libraries.
- Assessment and review standards and tools of strategic planning for university libraries. Empirical case studies.
- Group discussion
- Role playing
Ms. Jo Webb
- Trustee of CILIP, the
UK’s Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals.
- Former Director of De Montfort University library in Leicester, UK.
- Visiting Fellow at the University of East London.
- Ms. Webb’s international experience includes seminars and workshops in Australia and the United States.
- She has written on library strategic planning and change management.
- Senior university library leaders (deans and managers), strategic planning offcials.
- English. Interventions and questions can be in Arabic.
- USD 898 : Includes workshop registration fees, and visit to the Louvre Abu Dhabi.
(Register before Dec. 31, 2017, and pay only USD 798)
- Participants will be responsible for their own accommodation, and flight tickets.